Female School Teacher Placed Under Suspension For Getting Massage from Student

A woman teacher in Odisha’s Sambalpur district on Tuesday placed under suspension on charge of getting herself massaged by a girl student in the school.

The authorities took action against the lady teacher after a video of the incident went viral in the social media.
Sambalpur District Education Officer (DEO), Pramod Panda confirmed about the suspension of the lady teacher of Sikirdi Project Upper Primary School, Bharati Meher.

The DEO said Meher was suspended after the video came to our notice on Tuesday.
Meher, who is also in-charge headmistress of the school, admitted that a girl student had massaged her head.

However, she said that the incident had taken place around two years ago when she was sitting in the office room.

Because of severe headache, I went inside the office room and sat there on that day. However, a class VIII girl student came to me to call me to take class.But on seeing my condition, she asked me how I was feeling.
I told her about my headache. She herself told me that she would massage my head. This is the truth,” the lady teacher claimed.

The girl, who massaged my head on that day, has already passed out from the school and therefore was not available for comment.